Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Come and join our dynamic and busy team in search of CNC Machinist with minimum 3 years post trade experience with Mild steel, Stainless and Aluminium, Mobile Plant, Industrial Machinery, welding, oxy cutting, assembly and of mechanical components, pipe work and valve fitting will be highly regarded. You will be working on diverse range of designs, taking on new and landmark projects through innovation and collaboration with strong emphasis on technical excellence. You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
Based at Wetherill Park, you will be joining an organization that has been pre-qualified for the Defence Land 400 Project, following successful achievement of accreditations in the field and from governing bodies such as IIW & WELD AUSTRALIA (ISO3834.2), Intercert (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 & IMS) and ASI (AS5131 CC3). Our clients range from Government and private covering sectors in Defence, Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Maritime, Manufacturing and Construction to name a few. We are committed to the continuous improvement of our operations and the products & services provided by our company.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a full-time position Monday to Friday with Shut downs and overtime opportunities.
Primary duties will be to work both in the field and in the workshop producing high quality parts and materials using computer numerically controlled (CNC) machinery safely and accurately to perform a variety of functions.
Your duties will include however are not limited to the following:
- Read and understand mechanical and workshop drawings, work orders and production schedules to determine product or job instructions and specifications.
- Set up and operate CNC machines such as precision metal cutting and grinding machines to fabricate and repair parts and products made from metals, plastics, rubber textiles, fibreglass and space age alloys (Fitting and machining)
- Able to machine using lathes and mills.
- Determine dimensions by logic or by measuring samples
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal using gas shielded metal arc (Welding and fabrication)
- Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Complete jobs in a quick, efficient and accurate manner with high attention to detail
- Maintain a clean and organised work area
To be successful in this position you will require the following skills/experience;
- Trade Certificate as Fitter Machinist
- Manual and CNC Programming Experience
- Physically fit with good hearing, vision, good coordination and manual dexterity
- Good fault-finding & problem solving skills
- High attention to detail and self-motivated
- Able to work in a team environment
- Forklift Licence
- Blue or white card
- Have own transport and tools
- Available for an immediate start
It is essential that applicants have the right to live and work in Australia.
If this role sounds right for you and you are motivated and have a drive to succeed, then we would be most keen to receive your application. Please email your current resume today!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00 to $32.00 /hour
- The candidate can work permanently with no restriction on hours (Required)
Have own transport
Equipment RF Scanner
0 like • 0 comment