Mechanical Fitters & Boilermakers - Fixed Plant – Coastal Residential
- Residential living in either Cape Lambert or Dampier
- Fantastic roster and lifestyle in costal locations
- Fully funded relocation plus other company benefits
About the role
We are looking for experienced Fixed Plant Mechanical Fitters and boilermakers to join the Plant Shut Maintenance teams to perform planned maintenance activities at either our Dampier or Cape Lambert Operations.
These residential roles are a great opportunity for highly motivated individuals with excellent fixed plant mechanical expertise to make a difference in the Cape Lambert or Dampier Ports Fixed Plant Maintenance teams.
Candidates who are shortlisted will be assigned to an Assessment Centre which are being held in Perth and Dampier/Wickham during August.
Successful candidates will be offered a position as advised by the Selection Panel, so you must be open to residing and working in either location.
Roster patterns will depend on the position you are offered but are even time; 4 days on, 4 off, 4 days on or 4 nights on, 4 off, 4 days on. Other similar variations may apply.
As part of the recruitment process, successful candidates and partner will be given a site visit which will include a tour of available housing options.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be required to:
- Maintain infrastructure through repairing and overhauling fixed plant equipment.
- Complete preventative and corrective maintenance for all equipment in the fixed plant area
- Conduct routine inspections of fixed plant assets and determine repair action when required
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness and comply with Company Policies and procedures
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement projects – increasing safety whilst reducing risk & cost
- Utilise SAP to ensure that maintenance tasks are recorded, assigned correctly and completed to the relevant standard / specification
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A Mechanical Fitter or Boilermaker Trade Qualification
- Previous experience in a Heavy Engineering mining environment
- Excellent diagnostic fault finding abilities
- Extensive experience rebuilding and over hauling conveyor pulley’s, Warman & high pressure pumps, industrial drive gearboxes and Gyrator crushers
- Experience in fault finding hydraulic circuits
- Experianced in general fabrication
- Good welding and oxy cutting experiance
- Basic understanding of SAP maintenance systems or similar highly regarded
- A Manual C Class Australian Drivers Licence essential
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team, demonstrating flexibility to business requirements
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- High Risk Licences – Elevated Work Platform, Rigging or Dogging, Forklift, Confined Space, Working at Heights
- HR Drivers Licence highly desirable
- Welding qualifications
- Hydraulic and pneumatic experience desirable
Where you will be working
Our port facilities consist of three shipping terminals located on the Pilbara coast at Dampier and Cape Lambert, which form an essential part of our logistics process. Each terminal has facilities for train unloading, iron ore stockpiling, product blending and ship loading.
What’s on offer
- Competitive salary packages including lifestyle allowances and bonus
- Corporate rate for medical insurance cover for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, superannuation, vehicle
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more
- Rio Tinto employee share programme
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Job satisfaction, where you will be a valued member of the team
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process.
Fixed Plant Equipment
Equipment RF Scanner
0 like • 0 comment