Senior Controls Engineer, Subsea Services
As our business in Australia continues to expand, there is a current opportunity for a Subsea Production System Services, Senior Controls Engineer to join the team.
This role will see you providing technical engineering support for planning and execution of subsea services related technical activities.
Technical support may be required during any of the following phases:
- Project Execution
- Services Onshore/Offshore Activity Execution
- Tender Preparation
You will be required to take the lead in onshore/offshore controls activities and will be responsible for the technical ownership of the activity.
- Proactively participate in HSE initiatives and standards including Start Stops, JSAs and Risk Assessments.
- Provide Subsea Production System (SPS) Services support for all Project Controls related issues.
- Act as technical focal point between TECHNIPFMC and customer for assigned projects.
- Participates in the Controls EFAT/SIT & collaborate with the product team during the FAT, pre-operational planning, onshore and offshore technical support, maintenance operations, troubleshooting field issues, root cause analysis and implementing preventive actions.
- To participate in Controls Product Group Design Review and responsible for the creation or updating of the relevant controls related (i.e ICP, TST, RPT, LST etc.) when required.
- Initiate and lead offshore planning and readiness reviews related to the TECHNIPFMC Control Systems to ensure all aspects of the offshore execution plan have been completed.
- Lead/support the offsite or offshore testing, completion, intervention, commissioning, upgrades and/or troubleshooting of TECHNIPFMC control systems.
- Provide the onshore technical support for ongoing Controls related operations, troubleshooting field issues, root cause analysis and implementing preventive actions.
- Initiate and lead after action reviews related to offshore installation and commissioning in order to gather lessons learnt and implement actions as required.
- Coaching and mentoring to more junior colleagues.
- Support all local, regional, and global initiatives to improve quality and operational efficiency.
You are meant for this job if
- You have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Valid BOSIET training and MSIC
- Senior relevant industry or TechnipFMC experience, including detailed knowledge of at least one related subsea product line.
- Topside system supplier or intimate knowledge of electro-mechanical systems
- Knowledgeable of electrical system, PLC/DCS system, industrial instrumentation, network communications & configurations, and a basic understand of mechanical interfaces.
- Knowledgeable of hydraulic system, familiar with HPU, TUTU, UTH, SDU, Manifold & XT hydraulic system.
- Preferable experience would include SCM, 150/200/200E control system, ETU, Smart Tool, Subsea distribution, topside controls, or network development.
- Good understanding of engineering practices, design methods and calculations
- Outstanding organization, project planning and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor others within a diverse team environment.
- Confident to present and communicate to all levels of internal and external personnel (including customer).
- Customer oriented attitude and the initiative and ability to work independently and work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in SAP
- Spend 70% time in an office environment and 30% in workshop or field environment including offshore installations, interventions, commissioning and troubleshooting.
- May be exposed to possible hazards including pressure testing, high noise, electrical testing, heavy material lifting and movement.
- Operating computerized control system (electrical, electronic & hydraulic).
- Fast paced atmosphere with multiple and changing priorities. Frequent travel & customer contact (>50% time to be spent in client offices or installations, supporting production controls). Periodically required to be available by phone (24x7) to support urgent field requirements.
- Flexible work arrangements
- An inclusive and respectful culture, where everyone is encouraged to reach their full potential
- Career development and on the job training and coaching
- Financial rewards linked to performance through an annual bonus
- Higher than industry standard superannuation contribution
- Paid parental leave for the primary carer
- Subsidised gym membership and wellbeing activities
TechnipFMC encourages indigenous Australians, females and those who identify as members of the LGBTIQ+ community to apply.
0 like • 0 comment