Premier People are currently assisting our client, a leading contractor, servicing various mines across WA, with their requirement for Belt Splicers to work on Roy Hill sites.
Dates available are 5th – 14th August, 15th – 24th August, 25th Aug – 1st September, 8th – 15th September and 8th – 12th September.
- FIFO from Perth
- Excellent pay rate
- Ongoing shutdown work
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform hot and cold splicing/repairs - working with both fabric and steel chord belts
- Operate winders, winches, fox drives, pinch drives, turn stations and vulcanisers
- Prepare new and old belts. Using knifes for hooking skiving and cutting. Application of glues and adhesives
- Working closely with crane crews to install and remove vulcanisers and presses
- Maintenance and installation of belts on stackers, reclaimers, yard belts, over landers sample belts and belt feeders
- Installing and removing belt clamps
- Using chains and rigging equipment
- Conform to and promote OHS and Safe Working Practices
Candidates must be prepared to complete a pre-employment medical check and a drugs and alcohol test. Successful applicants must have rights to work in Australia and hold the following:
- Valid WA Driver’s License
- Previous belt splicing experience
- Working at Heights (RIIWHS204D)
- Working in Confined Spaces (RIIWHS202D)
- High Risk Work License
- Willing to work in TA roles if and when required
- Gas Testing Atmospheres (MSAPHOS217A)
Premier People’s Shutdown division supplies skilled and experienced trades and skilled labour to mine sites across WA. Our core crew of 75+ individuals mobilise to BHPIO, FMG, Roy Hill and Rio Tinto sites to carry out many areas of maintenance.
- Work for leading contractors in the industry
- Fly In / Fly Out from Perth, WA
- Up to 12-hour days
- Above market pay rates
- Additional ongoing work available
Premier People are a leading recruitment specialist, supplying quality, skilled and experienced blue-collar workers to our clients within various industries in the WA market including mining and shutdowns, warehousing, transport, logistics and construction.
By establishing solid, trusting relationships, and a reputation amongst our clients for supplying quality, reliable and hardworking individuals, Premier People have built a strong presence and network across WA.
After you apply to this ad, www.GotSkill.co will email you with simple steps to complete your application for this job.
Job is also published on
0 like • 0 comment