Dewatering Technician – Residential or FIFO
We are looking for a Dewatering Technician to carry out scheduled minor maintenance to the dewatering infrastructure, specifically small diesel engines for pumping, submersible bores, trailers and power generation such as gen sets, plus scheduled relocation of pipe and pump infrastructure around the mine site.
Working 8 days on, 6 off on either a residential or FIFO roster and reporting to the Dewatering and Tailings Supervisor, you will be required to:
- Carry out scheduled movement maintenance of dewatering assets including pumps, valves and pipe work
- Be responsible for identifying critical infrastructure spares and maintaining accurate inventory
- Provide operational feedback to supervisors and being responsible for following Rio Tinto Iron Ore safe work practices
- Required to work with and support other teams including Mine Operations, Fixed Plant and Mobile Equipment Maintenance to ensure safe and effective utilisation of dewatering assets and equipment
- Follow work management process, complete documentation and SAP entries
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Familiar with small bore engines, pumps, gearboxes and submersible bores
- A manual "C" class driver's licence
- Strong desire to be part of a proactive team
- Willingness to learn new concepts and execute in a safe manner
- Able to support and work in other areas of expertise when required
- Desire to deliver work to a high standard
- Experience working on dewatering infrastructure
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Dogging, Vehicle Loading Crane High Risk Work Licence & Fork Lift
- Mining or heavy industry experience
- Polly welding experience /qualification
- HR Licence
- Exposure to SAP
Where you will be working
We are inviting you to be a part of a tightknit community and enjoy a residential lifestyle at Pannawonica. Located in the scenic Pilbara region and within close distance to the major centre of Karratha, the vibrant town offers a sought-after lifestyle and affordable living in comfortable subsidised housing. This is a great opportunity for you and your family to contribute to a unique community and enjoy a wide range of seasonal outdoor activities; allowing you to find the perfect balance between leisure and work. From the popular annual rodeo event to other regular social and cultural activities, local residents can make the most of modern amenities. The town of Pannawonica is supported by a resident doctor, excellent primary school, supermarket, and a local community gym and youth centre.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process.
After you apply to this ad, www.GotSkill.co will email you with simple steps to complete your application for this job.
Job is also published on
0 like • 0 comment